GovHack was originally an Australian initiative by Web Directions. They ran the first GovHack in 2009 which was funded by the Gov 2.0 Taskforce as part of their MashUp Australia initiative.
GovHack has grown from a small event in 2009, to a volunteer run and community driven annual event. It grew from a 2 city event in 2012, an 8 city event in 2013 and a national 11 city event with over 1300 participants and observers in 2014. With 2015 culminating across 31 locations and over 2200 competitors and observers in two nations.
In 2016 GovHack will be bigger and better with more new data, more competitors and more prizes. Again the New Zealand community is welcomed into the GovHack Family.
Photo credits to Martin Ollman.
Client: GovHack Australia
Venue: Powerhouse Museum, Sydney
Partner&Prosper's involvement with GovHack 2015:
- National Sponsorship Services for the 2015 GovHack competition and the Red Carpet Awards (government and corporate sponsors).
- Full service Event Management of the Red Carpet Awards in Sydney, including travel and accommodation for more than 100 guests from all over Australia and New Zealand.
Prior involvement with GovHack:
- National Sponsorship Services for government and corporate sponsors, 2014.
Current Involvement - 2016:
- Global Operations Team member
- National Sponsorship Services (Government and Corporate)
- Financial Administration and budget management
- Full service Event Management of the Red Carpet Awards, including travel and accommodation for approx 100 guests from all over Australia and New Zealand.